Pickwick Lodge Farm respects your privacy and will only use a small amount of your data to provide you with the accommodation of your choice.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect? We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
(b) any other information that you choose to send to us;
(c) In signing our guestbook page you will be asked to provide the necessary information to populate the book (including name).
(d) In sending us a message through our contact page you will be asked to provide your name.
(2) Cookies A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
(a) administer the website;
(b) enable your use of the services available on the website;
(c) send invoices to you
(d) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(e) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
(f) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
(g) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(5) International data transfers
No personal information will be transferred outside of the UK.
(6) Security of your personal data We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(8) Your rights You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we electronically hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00). You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
(9) Third party websites The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.